Our vision is to bring wholeness to lives through Jesus Christ.
We accomplish this by being a church where all recognize, deal with, and move forward in brokenness toward hope.
Belong - Cherish each other as fellow image bearers of God
Know - Know Jesus by studying God's word like it matters
Proclaim - Let your faith shine so people see your good works & glorify God
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
5. We believe that mankind is lost, sinful, and must be saved; and that mankind’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
Over thirty years ago God led Wayne Taylor to begin Calvary Fellowship. Beginning as a Bible study, this group of believers outgrew their meeting place, and from 1981 to 1997 they gathered in the former Lincoln High School, located in Seattle’s Wallingford neighborhood. While there, thousands were saved, disciples were trained, and churches were planted. In 1997 the Seattle School District informed Calvary Fellowship that they were in need of the facility. At that point Calvary Fellowship moved to its current location in Mountlake Terrace.
Ten years later, Calvary Fellowship continued to grow while sending church planters all around the world. But once again, the Lord was planting a desire in Wayne’s heart to reach out to the city of Seattle. After months of prayer, planning, and consideration this seed began to break ground. On September 27, 2009 the doors were opened and Calvary Wallingford began meeting in Lincoln High School. During the 2011 year the Calvary Fellowship leadership prayerfully sought a pastor to oversee and attend to the needs of the Wallingford congregation. On June 12, 2011, Pastor Jordan Taylor accepted the position of Senior Pastor of Calvary Wallingford.
Calvary Wallingford seeks to remain in and serve the city of Seattle, specifically the neighborhood of Wallingford. This has led to gathering in several different buildings over the years - an old school, a fifty-year-old church, and currently at the Wallingford Boys and Girls Club.
Jordan Taylor assumed teaching and leadership of Calvary Wallingford in June 2011. Previously Jordan was Administrative Pastor at Calvary Fellowship and Director of Calvary Chapel Bible College Seattle in Mountlake Terrace. Jordan and his wife Michelle have three girls and presently Jordan is attending Fuller Theological Seminary to complete his M.Div.
Gene Tasche has been involved in the leadership of several different churches over the years. In the summer of 2014 Gene responded to the call of pastor on his life. Gene and his wife Sarah have a passion for families and marriages, which they lead here at Calvary Wallingford.
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Zaneta has served in Children’s Ministry in various positions since 2002, at both Calvary Fellowship in Mountlake Terrace and Calvary Wallingford. Zaneta and her husband Jim taught Sunday school together for 3 years at Calvary Wallingford prior to taking the position of Director. In 2016, they welcomed the newest little miracle in their lives, their beautiful baby Jane!
Matt and his wife Michaela have lived in Seattle since 2009. He graduated from Liberty University with his M.Div. and is currently a Chaplain with the Seattle Police Department. He is an Individual Ready Reservist Officer with the Navy and is working towards fully active career duty in 2018.